We're putting a delicious, naturally gluten-free spin on this classic Mediterranean recipe.
Our Sprouted Quinoa Tabbouleh is a simple-to-make crowd-pleaser, and the perfect addition to any late-summer meal. The sprouted quinoa adds a delicious, nutty flavor that plays perfectly against the freshness of the veggies and brightness of the lemon juice.
Not to mention, quinoa is a "super grain" that contains all the necessary amino acids needed to classify it as a complete protein. Bon appetit!
- 3/4 C Organic Grains Sprouted Quinoa
- 1 1/2 C boiling water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 C scallions, minced (white and green sections)
- 1 C feta or nut cheese (we used Miyoko's Double Cream Chive)
- 1 C flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cucumber, medium-diced
- 2 C cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a rice cooker, combine the sprouted quinoa and boiling water*
- Cook 20 minutes until tender, then cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients and enjoy!
*The sprouted quinoa can also be cooked on the stovetop. Place the sprouted quinoa and water in medium-sized pot, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until fluffy.