Heading into the cooler months means embracing more warming and grounding foods! This organic grain bowl is the perfect way to your nourish body, mind and soul.
The key is to begin with your perfect base. For this bowl we cooked some of our delicious, sprouted quinoa. It's a complete protein and will leave you feeling both full and satisfied.
Then, we added some roasted sweet potatoes tossed in Natural Grocer's Organic Pumpkin Spice Blend, roasted Brussels sprouts, fresh arugula and dried cranberries. These flavors come together to truly cultivate the cozy, fall feeling that makes this time of year so sublime!
You can practically hear a symphony leaves of crunching underfoot and warm fires crackling as you bite into your yummy creation...
2 C water
2 sweet potatoes, chopped
1 lb Brussels sprouts, chopped
Chutney (or sauce of your choice)
Roasted nuts and seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Chop vegetables to desired size (we chose bite-sized chunks)
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and spices of your choice
- Roast vegetables for approximately 30 minutes
- While your vegetables are roasting, cook your sprouted quinoa until fluffy (read here to learn how)
- Fill your bowl with cooked quinoa, roasted veggies and any other toppings and/or proteins you like
*Note that this will yield more than one serving, making it perfect for meal prep or to share with family and friends.