To Pop Amaranth
Â½ Cup Amaranth
- Heat a large heavy Dutch oven over high heat at least 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon amaranth into the pan, and check to see that seeds almost immediately start popping. If they don't, and they instead sit in the pan and burn, the pan isn't hot enough, and you'll need to start over. If they do, cover the pan (popped seeds will fly everywhere) and shake it back and forth on or just over the burner until you hear the seeds start popping.
- Immediately pour popped amaranth into a bowl; repeat procedure with remaining amaranth, 1 tablespoon at a time. This should yield 1 cup of popped seeds.
4 ingredient Parmesan& Amaranth Crusted Salmon
1 salmon fillet, 1 1/4 pounds
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Â¾ cup fresh popped amaranth
Â½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
Lemon for garnish
- Heat oven to 375ÂºF. Spray shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Place salmon, skin side down, in pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix amaranth, cheese, and garlic. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Press bread crumb mixture evenly on salmon.
- 3 Bake uncovered 15 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.