How often have you looked for a good gluten-free bread recipe only to be tricked into making cardboard? Our on-staff pastry chef has created the best gluten-free bread we've ever tasted, and it's just as good as any other bread out there. The secret? Her recipe uses a great balance of whole grain. Our soon to be released Organic Whole-grain sorghum flour is the secret. Your bread will have perfect texture! We can't wait for you to try it!
Organic Grains.com™ Gluten-Free Bread
- Apple Cider Vinegar| 1 Tbsp.
- Olive Oil| ¼ cup
- Agave Nectar|1/4 cup
- Almond Milk, warm| 2 cups
- Salt|1 tsp.
- Xanthan Gum|1 Tbsp.
- Tapioca Flour| 1 cup
- Whole Grain Sorghum Flour|2 cup
- Brown Rice Flour| 1 ½ cup
- Teff seeds| ¼ cup
- Active Dry Yeast| 1 Tbsp.
Additional needs: Oil for greasing pan, extra sorghum flour for dusting loaf and pan.
- vinegar, olive oil, agave nectar and almond milk in a bowl.
- In a gallon size mixer bowl combine salt, xanthan gum, tapioca flour, sorghum flour, and brown rice flour and teff.
- Add the yeast to the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and knead by hand 3-4 minutes. Form into a rough ball. Allow to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle counter top with ¼ cup extra sorghum flour. Put dough on counter and gently form into a loaf.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch by 4-inch bread pan.
- Place bread into the greased pan. Leave uncovered on the counter 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 350° 60-65 minutes until 170° internal temperatures. When bread is finished, let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Slice with a very sharp bread knife after bread has cooled. Wrap tightly after bread cools to reserve moisture.