Pumpkin Waffles are a comfort food classic. We're sharing our healthy twist that will keep your family and friends begging for more!
1 C pumpkin puree
1/2 C cornmeal
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C almond milk
15-20 drops SweetLeaf Stevia English Toffee Flavor
1/4 C olive oil
1 Tbsp orange zest
1 tsp allspice
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Vegetable spray, for waffle iron
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, millet, cornmeal, flax, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond milk, SweetLeaf, olive oil, orange zest and spices
- Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir thoroughly to combine
- Using a 1/2 C measuring scoop, place batter onto the preheated, oiled waffle iron
- Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes
- Repeat until all batter is gone. Top with maple syrup, cream*, cinnamon and more orange zest. Enjoy!
*We used So Delicious CocoWhip!. Sub a Greek or plant-based yogurt for an even healthier topping.