This one-skillet meal is the perfect comfort food that requires minimal cleanup while still delivering maximum flavor. Our little riff on a pizza uses our nutritious Organic Millet as a base. It's not only tasty, but an incredible source of naturally-gluten free fiber.
2 C Vegetable broth
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Italian herbs (think: rosemary, basil, oregano, sage, parsley)
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 C Spaghetti sauce
2 C Protein of your choice (we chose Lightlife's sausage)
2 C cheese or plant-based alternative (Chao's slices are delicious)
Fresh basil to taste
- Pour rinsed millet, veggie broth, salt, herbs and lemon zest into a skillet with a tight-fitting lid,
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes or until most of the broth has been absorbed.
- While your millet is cooking, begin to cook your protein,
- Heat your pasta sauce on low until warm,
- After the millet base has been completed, begin to assemble your toppings putting on the sauce first, following with the cheese and then finishing with your protein
- Heat on low until the cheese has melted to your satisfaction,
- Top with fresh basil,
- Serve straight out of the skillet and enjoy!