You've most likely indulged in a delicious bowl of overnight oats, but have you ever tried your hand at overnight muffins? These baked goods are as tasty as they are nutritious.Sweetened naturally, this is a recipe you can trust to fuel you through your morning.
We've all been there. We set our alarm the night before, prepared to wake up at the crack of dawn, maybe even hit the gym, and prepare a gourmet breakfast to start the day off right. One snooze button turns into four and suddenly you're running out the door while still pulling on the other shoe. Next thing you know you're at work reaching for whatever sweet treat is left in the conference room, just awaiting the sugar crash that's sure to hit you before noon.
We're bringing you this recipe as the answer to your rush hour time crunch. It's perfect for anyone (...which is everyone) who is pressed for time in the AM but still wants to enjoy a wholesome, delicious breakfast. The blend of oats, sprouted flour, and chia, gives these muffins a texture and chew that you wouldn't get with just one of the ingredients. Enjoy!
- Combine the almond milk, 7-grain flakes, chia seeds, and coconut sugar in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight (about 6 hours).
- The following morning, preheat the oven to 400° F and line the muffin tins.
- Add the sprouted einkorn flour, baking soda, salt, almond extract, and vanilla extract to the soaked mixture and blend well. Then, fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the lined muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven, cool, and enjoy!